ITAK is one of the providers recognized by European Proficiency Testing Information System which operates in compliance to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043:2011 – Assessment of conformity — General requisites for proficiency testing. This standard rules the activity of proficiency testing, and specifies all technical and managerial requirements essential for a proficiency test provider. ITAK meets in full the requirements of this standard.
ITAK is certified by Bureau Veritas Certification at ISO 9001: 2015 for the following scope:
- Manufacturing and Sales of Certified Reference Materials;
- Development, Planning and Proficiency Testing for Geochemical and Environmental Analyses;
- Physical Preparation of Geochemical Samples.
ITAK develops and organizes and leads PTPs for various matrices including Gold ore, Copper ore and Concentrate, Iron ore, Nickel ore, Bauxite, Iron-Niobium Alloy, Water and Solutions (Environmental Analysis) and other on demand.
Proficiency tests are services with the purpose of evaluating the performance of calibration laboratories and testing laboratories by interlaboratory comparison. The participation of any laboratory in a proficiency testing is one of the most essential and the most efficient mechanisms for evaluation of its technical competence because it enables comparison with other laboratories analyzing the same items and comparing their performance with the same segment ones, setting, for example, in a benchmarking.
In a very broad context, a proficiency testing can assure the participating laboratory:
– Performance evaluation and continuous monitoring of laboratory performance;
– Evidence of reliable results, e.g., a tool to show that the laboratory produces reliable results;
– Tool used to identify tests / analysis – related problems;
– Corrective and preventive actions and evaluation of all internal controls that there are in the laboratory;
– Determination of performance characteristics, validation methods;
– Standardization of activities as the market requires and recognition of national and international level results;
The proficiency testing is essential to increasing the credibility of measurement results thus contributing to facilitating international trade and preventing technical barriers. ITAK proficiency tests is operated globally, with participating laboratories from several countries.
ITAK annually leads proficiency tests for various matrices such as: