ITAK is one of the providers recognized by European Proficiency Testing Information System which operates in compliance to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043:2011 – Assessment of conformity — General requisites for proficiency testing. This standard rules the activity of proficiency testing, and specifies all technical and managerial requirements that a proficiency test provider must have. ITAK meets in full the requirements of this standard.
ITAK is certified by Bureau Veritas Certification at ISO 9001: 2015 for the following scope:
- Manufacturing and Sales of Certified Reference Materials;
- Development, Planning and Proficiency Testing for Geochemical and Environmental Analyses;
- Physical Preparation of Geochemical Samples.
ITAK is recognized by EPTIS (European Proficiency Testing Information System) as Proficiency Testing Program Provider developing, organizing and leading PTPs for various matrices including Gold ore, Copper ore and Concentrate, Iron ore, Nickel ore, Bauxite, Iron-Niobium Alloy, Water and Solutions (Environmental Analysis) and other on demand.
Proficiency tests are services with the purpose of evaluating the performance of calibration laboratories and testing laboratories by interlaboratory comparison. The participation of any laboratory in a proficiency testing is one of the most essential and the most efficient mechanisms for evaluation of its technical competence, because it enables comparison with other laboratories analyzing the same items and comparing their performance with those laboratories that may be of same line of work, setting, for example, in a benchmarking.
In a very broad context, a proficiency testing can assure the participating laboratory:
– Performance evaluation and continuous monitoring of laboratory performance;
– Evidence of obtaining reliable results, e.g., a tool shows that the laboratory produces reliable results;
– Tool used to identify problems related to tests / analysis;
– Take corrective and preventive actions and evaluation of all internal controls that there are in the laboratory;
– Determination of performance characteristics, validation methods;
– Standardization of activities as the market requires and recognition of results at national and international level;
The performance of proficiency testing is essential to increasing the credibility of measurement results thus contributes to facilitating international trade and prevent technical barriers. ITAK proficiency tests have global operations, with participating laboratories worldwide.
ITAK annually leads proficiency tests for various matrices such as: